Home » National Commissions
Terms of Reference
- Assist the Assembly of Confessing Congregations (ACC) to witness to the catholicity of the faith we hold by encouraging ecumencial relationships and the co-sponsoring of activities with other reform and confessional movements.
- To liaise with similar reform organisations in denominations in Australia and assist and encourage the ACC State Network leaders to develop a working relationship with ecumenical contacts in their district.
- To liaise with similar reform organisations in denominations outside Australia, especially, New Zealand, the U.K. and the U.S.A. and keep the ACC executive abreast with reform and confessional developments in Australia and overseas.
- To work with the Cross-Cultural Commission in the dissemination of supportive statements from, Congress and ethnic congregations within the Uniting Church
- To encourage and assist local ACC State Networks to organise ecumenically based seminars and teaching programmes in Australia, with a particular focus on an individual Synod area during each year
- To correspond with the Australian Council of Churches, heads of churches in Australia and partner churches outlining the work of the ACC (and to do this in consultation with the ACC Executive).
- To keep a watching-brief on any change in the ecumenical relationships the Uniting Church has with other churches.
- To liaise with non-denominational evangelical organisations and groups for the purpose of sharing resources, activities and programmes.
- Assist the ACC executive in the compilation of ecumenical statements and advise the ACC executive on the presentation and promotion of these statements.
- Articulate the story of reform movements in churches in Australia and overseas and encourage Uniting Church members to commit themselves to the confessional cause.
- Revd Professor Ian Breward
- Peter Bentley (Secretary)
- Revd Peter Davis
- Ex-officio: ACC Chair: Revd Dr Max Champion